DOWS’ success is due, in large part, to the active involvement and commitment of our members. A strong membership maximizes our networking efforts and programs and is the key to inspiring young people’s pursuit of educational opportunities in the field of finance and business as well as in achieving positions of leadership. We welcome prospective members who — through their networks, career connections, research resources and commitment to service — can help DOWS achieve its goals.
There are two types of membership: Professional and Student. In order to qualify as a Professional Member, you must be over the age of eighteen; have a degree from an accredited college or university in business or law; or currently work in the US and/or international financial/legal sectors.
In order to qualify as a Student Member, you must be a currently-enrolled student at an accredited university and must be at least 18 years of age.
The annual dues structure is as follows:
- Professional Members: $50.00
- Student Members: $25.00
As a Professional Member you are entitled to networking opportunities with individuals and organizations in the following areas:
- Invitations to members-only events including conferences, workshops, social receptions and visits to the Dominican Republic.
- Inclusion in DOWS newsletter, with access to information about financial markets events.
- Access to DOWS distribution list to post job opportunities, promote special events and services, through DOWS newsletter.
- Mentoring opportunities with students of Dominican origin in NYC schools.
- Networking opportunities with individuals and organizations in Business, Law, Finance & Accounting Services, Education and Government.
- Opportunity to run for DOWS officer position or head a committee, taking a leadership position in the organization.
As a Student Member, you are entitled to the same privileges as a professional member with the exception of taking an officer position, or attending certain professional events, including visits to the Dominican Republic.
To become a member, please fill out the following form and send your dues through the PayPal link using your account, credit card or debit card.
You could also subscribe via mail by printing out the membership form and sending it with a check to:
Dominicans on Wall Street, Inc.
P.O. Box 4081
New York, NY 10163